Wednesday 11 July 2007

Geez

I was certainly long-winded about nothing yesterday, wasn't I?

That takes extra EXTRA special talent, you know.

The sad thing is, on that particular topic I can go on for hours. Hours and hours, without even meaning to. Gee, do you think that some of us need more important things to fill our brains with?

Ah well. Brain's pretty much empty today as it is, so don't expect a repeat. As usual I'm not sleeping especially well, and the sad thing is that with the hot weather we're expecting in the next while I don't expect to be sleeping much more. No air conditioning in the apartment, you see. I could rent the place out as a turkish bath at times like these.

Considering the amount of sleep I've had I did all right at the work thing this morning, but I foresee an afternoon of I can't make my brain function. I told Wheat that I may just need to take a nap under the desk, if it comes to that.

He said he'd be ok with it.

Anyway. I guess this all leads to yet another day of I've got nothing, so I might as well end here. I'll leave you with a slightly disturbing thought, though. Disturbing to me, anyhow. I've been thinking about a few things lately, and it occurred to me that I may have finally figured out what it is that I want to do with my life. Better late than never, right? Well, not necessarily. Not when it would mean a pretty massive change that's completely incompatible with my being the Queen of Inertia. That, and the fact that I'm an obsessive little freak....

Sigh.

At least it's nice to know that I have a (slight) dream, even if I'll never do anything about it. Now I can be aimless with a purpose.

2 comments:

smudgers said...

AND she leaves it there.


Well, really, I expected no less.

You'll send postcards if you have time, then?

Sparroweye said...

Sometimes you just have to re-group.
Especially if life just seems more grumpier than usual. My daughter and I lately have been saying. "When does the good stuff start?" This day in, day out, go to bed, get up, routine day gets very old after a while. I think I am way overdue for a long trip somewhere exotic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails