Wednesday 25 July 2007

Pointless dragonfly photo of the day:

A boy, this time. Mature males of this species are red, and the females and immatures are yellow.

Since you're going to be seeing a lot of these dragonflies in the next while, I should be all nature-nerd and tell you that they're meadowhawks. Sympetrum sp., if you'd like to look it up. These ones are probably Cherry-faced Meadowhawks (Sympetrum internum), but since I'm definitely no expert I'll leave it at just meadowhawk to be on the safe side.

And that may be the last bit of sense on the blog today.

Something or other is up with my system, and (as you can imagine) it's making me sooo not happy. I haven't managed a lot of food today, and what lunch I just had is currently causing a sensation that can best be described as... well, let's say ominous.

I'm also wearing a racerback bra for the first time in ages, and I find it a bit distracting.






Yes, you needed to know that.

None of this leads to much in the way of a blog post, as you've probably noticed. You've probably also noticed that I'll use almost any possible excuse to talk myself out of a proper blog post.

Improper ones, now, aren't usually a problem.






Urgh. Really kind of regretting having lunch.

Well, it seems like this post has completely ground to a halt so I think I'll just leave it where it sits. Later, all.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

My pond has very few dragonflies this summer. Very little sun is getting to the water. Could that be the problem. Do dragonflies like sunshine. I just remember having
tons of them last year. Barely one now. Also my frog population has declined. No frogs, no dragonflies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails