Tuesday 19 February 2008

And did I mention tired?

I don't think I mentioned the sick part, though. That would explain the tired.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. You're welcome.

----------

Today's photo, by the way, is a completely pointless abstract. Don't try to find anything else in it, 'cause it ain't there.

----------

I've got nothing today, so you're going to hear about one of my pointless hobbies. Sometimes when I'm bored or even just avoiding other things, I'll hit the translation flags over on the sidebar to your right and read me in other languages. French or Italian, usually, because I understand a miniscule bit of both languages, but German is good too. I come off well in computer-translated German.

The translations have gotten better over the years, but there's still enough offness that I find it fairly amusing. It's like the Google ads (which, I hope you notice, I've never bothered to add to this blog. Didn't think it necessary). I get the biggest kick out of the odd and occasionally inappropriate keywords that'll be picked up on for Google ads. The resulting weirdness in the "themed" ads you see is just endlessly entertaining.

To me.

But then I'm not well, remember.

For extra fun I'll sometimes go over to the old blog and translate some of my poetry. Oddly enough, the poetry often makes out better than the blather here does. Maybe because the words are more carefully chosen? Or it could be, I suppose, that the lines are shorter and a bit more likely to make sense.

Well, as much sense as I ever make.

I'm not making much sense now, I know, so I think I'm going to stop typing. I'm too achy to be comfortable at the desk anyway, so why hang around waiting for sense to magically appear when it's so obviously not going to?




Exactly.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I hope you feel better soon. I am sick, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails