Wednesday 13 February 2008

Things not in my ear

That's right. There are no dead marigolds in my ear.

There are a few other things that aren't in my ear as well, now.

As of yesterday, in fact.

The ongoing ear thing is a lot better today (thanks for your concern. You were concerned, right?) because the inflammation finally went down enough that I could have the ear cleaned out without fear of rupturing something.

And incidentally, I already knew that you should never, never put cotton swabs in your ear, but after reading this story I don't think I'll allow one within a metre of my face entirely. Death by Q-tip is so very wrong.

This wasn't exactly the first time I've had my ear syringed. I have a bit of family weirdness (as in, my brother has the same problem) with my ear wax that leads to the regular need for ear cleaning. It's not generally a big deal; in fact, I often do it myself.

Not this time, though. When your ear's been buggered up for a month you shouldn't be your own doctor.

So anyway. Had the ear syringed, saw some very disturbing things come out of it (anyone want descriptions? No? Well, let's just say that between Star Trek and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy references I'm not entirely convinced that my ear hadn't become home to some bizarre form of alien), and for the first time in ages I don't feel like half of my head is underwater.

Yay me.




Oh, and that disgusting little slice of my life is all you're getting today. I've got actual work that needs to be done.

Bye then.









I can hear that, you know.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I had to have my ears flushed out too. The ENT said, "I doubt you have anything in there." And then all this stuff came out. It looks like black shards of sharks teeth. Ewww...
The procedure felt good, as if I had an itch I couldn't scratch and they got it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails