Monday 11 February 2008

Pointless photos

I need to get out and take some new photos.

Bet you haven't noticed that my posts lately have been featuring the dregs of my nerdstick. And yes, I know it's all pretty lame.

The thing is that I hate taking pictures of winter because I hate winter. Now there's a shocking statement to make. Dee hates winter? Surely not!

Gawd yes. I hate cold, and I hate snow. And I hate taking pictures of snow. I like colour, shape, and pattern, not let's-make-everything-the-same-shade-of-white-and-pretend-it's-pretty.

It isn't pretty. It's winter.

It's evil.





And now you know.

----------

Hey... since we're almost nearly talking art, maybe you can give me a hand with something. We're putting on a staff art exhibit at work (yeah, where else would we do it?) in a few months, and I need to decide what I'm in the mood to contribute. I have a few photos in mind, but at the same time I know that I should probably get off my arse and do a bit of to-the-purpose doodling.

Erm... technically I'd probably be on my arse while I'm doodling, but you know what I mean.

I do have a couple of extant sketches that might suit (I'm thinking of one or two of the more elaborated spider doodles from a few years ago, or maybe one of the lilies you can find in the other blog's archives), but it'd be nice to get inspired and do something new.

Problem? Lack of inspiration.

Solution? Outside suggestion (hint hint hint).

What I'd be looking at is nature-based still life. I'm not in the mood to look up live animal models, in other words. Anyone out there have a favourite plant or whatever else that might make a good subject? I'd prefer something that's easy to find at the local florist or greenhouse, since drawing from photographs never works out as nicely as having the real thing around.

I have a lot of time to get my brain around this, but it'd be better to start sooner rather than later. Otherwise I'll be scratching out a half-hour doodle sometime in September, and I can guarantee that it'll look exactly like a scratched-out half-hour doodle.

Ok, your move. And if you ask nicely I might post a couple of the photographs that I've been thinking of submitting as well.





Although... if I'm thinking of using the photos for something they're technically not pointless photos.

And if I post something that's not pointless the blog will turn into a pumpkin.








Ah well. Had to happen sooner or later.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

We have early spring. And I know
all these azalea's are going to freeze.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66013135@N00/

Related Posts with Thumbnails