Tuesday 16 October 2007

Hidden ham

As far as I know, there is no hidden ham in today's pointless photo. There was hidden ham in today's pointless pizza, however.

My brain decided that it was more important to watch the recording of last night's Letterman than to make lunch this morning. As a result, it was off to Pizza With a Tan (a.k.a. pizza by the slice which may or may not have been sitting under the heat lamp for a while, depending on how busy they've been) to get something to eat instead.

The place makes passable pizza overall, but I try to avoid things like the ham and pineapple. It's not because I have an aversion to ham and pineapple (I rather like it, actually, especially with lots of crushed chilies sprinkled on top), but because the Home of Tanned Pizza has somehow managed to find the world's blandest ham to use in their offerings. I don't know whether they're trying to save us all from sodium overload or what, but the stuff just has no discernible ham flavour as far as I can tell.

As a result, I try to choose something that doesn't have ham in it if I'm having a pizza day. Between that and avoiding green pepper (which is EVIL) at all costs it cuts down on my choices a bit, but I usually do ok.

Except when they pull a fast one and the innocent-looking pepperoni and mushroom turns out to be hiding ham instead.

Gotta watch that hidden ham.




This could have led to a long, extended rant about the fact that I also hide my share of ham (the performing variety this time) and, in turn, use my hammish nature to hide my true shyness whenever possible. It could have, but I've decided that I'm not in the mood now.

Bland ham on a pizza can do that to a person.

Besides, my two fans have heard variations on that theme often enough by now that I'm sure they can whistle the tune by heart. If you're missing reading the usual shyness blather, I strongly encourage you to write your own version. Feel free to e-mail it to me when you're done, and I promise it'll end up here on the blog with absolutely no credit given whatsoever.

Or something.

Honestly, I've lost all enthusiasm for this and anything else that might come out of the afternoon now.





Bland ham on a pizza can do that to a person. Did I mention?

----------

Just a reminder to the t.v. club that we've been preempted for baseball tonight, so there is no official wine gum requirement for Wednesday.

If you feel like bringing me wine gums anyway, you're always welcome to.

I'm good that way.
Related Posts with Thumbnails