Tuesday 23 October 2007

A relative thing


Well okay, it's not related to the skink in the least but it's early in the day, it's raining, the air is odd - so work with me here.

Besides, the real reason for the photo if you want to know - and even if you don't, apparently, as my fingers continue to type - is the grate in the background which off-sets the lines of the critter, don't you know. You're welcome, Alberta.


And once again, we praise digital photography where the photo is taken, seen, posted and no money was wasted in the making of this post. Remember the old days of film?

At the height of my photograph-taking days with film, it wouldn't have been at all unusual to go through many rolls just to capture that one particular angle. That's a lot of wasted resources, including disposeable income of the day.

Now there's not nearly as much disposeable income which is just fine with me as I'd rather be home typing this than out there, in the real world; there was just the outlay of the ridiculous price of the camera. Family members who know what pleases you are wonderful people, though, aren't they. Well, when they act on it, anyway. And obviously they did. Act on it. Erm, yes.

Hey, look! It's official. This is a completely blatherful ( is so a word) post. My job here is done.

2 comments:

deeol said...

Do you have any idea how many different kinds of salamanders there are in Ontario?

Way too many for me to deal with on so little brain, I can tell you that.

And why do I need to deal with it?

Um, no reason. Compulsive naturalist side got curious, that's all.



My head hurts.

smudgers said...

AND do you know how many of the creepy little things look like snakes?! Erm, creepy as in only the ones that look like snakes; otherwise I think they're very cool creations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails