Thursday 4 October 2007

Lunch

Lunch is a problem for me. I bring a bagged lunch nearly every damned day to work, and I really don't like bagged lunches all that much. I don't like cold sandwiches, I get tired of carrots (but that's what I buy because they keep well and travel well), and, no matter what the commercials tell you, there's only so much excitement a person can get from yoghurt.

I can usually get past the sandwich thing by making pitas or wraps (or going for cheese and crackers on my REALLY non-enthusiastic days), but every once in a while I find my limit there as well. Those are the mornings when I'll open the fridge to get started on the lunchification only to find myself staring at various fixings and thinking NO. No, I can't do this. Not again. Not today.

That's fun. I mean, I have enough trouble with breakfast. Not packing a lunch can be a problem, especially when there are days when I can't be sure I'll have time to leave the building to go and buy something.

Suddenly lunch becomes a granola bar. Mmm mmm good dissatisfying.

You've probably figured out by now that I couldn't make myself pack a lunch today.





Yep. Hit the wall. And then hit the road... down to the local pizza-by-the-slice place. Nothing says LUNCH!!! like heat-rack pizza, don't you think?

Well, ok, to be fair it's not really that bad. And I ended up going late enough (work kind of got in the way of my very important lunch schedule, and how dare it?) that I had to wait for the next pizza to come out of the oven rather than getting something that had been sitting and tanning for a while, so all in all it was reasonably edible.

Not as healthy as my usual, I suppose, but the usual is the usual for a reason. I'm allowed to be unusual now and again, I think.




Yeah, yeah, I know. Make your own joke here. I have to get back to work anyway.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

And from this photo we see there's lunch ... and there's lunch.

Oh and it's warm outside. About 15 degrees warmer than where you are, last I looked. Hmmm, this is where I would duck if I were in the same room isn't it.


Quackrufflequack.

Related Posts with Thumbnails