Monday 8 October 2007

Not even a topic

The fact that this is not cropped is not for the lack of motivation. No, sir. It's on purpose, even. You see, if I were to crop it, you wouldn't get the full impact of a bird in flight with apparently no wings, nor feet attached and looking completely fake.

It's just one of those shots that you don't know how it will look 'til you pitch it up on the screen. And as you can see it looks .. well, very odd, really.

Most things these days are looking a little on the odd side but I'm guessing that's the result of a gradual shortening of the daylight hours, Mother Nature thinking she's fooling us by easing into the darkness that is to become winter.

Mother Nature is a pain but there ya go; it's like Canadian weather, self-serving politicians and stupid drivers. Not a thing can be done.

And before I whine, I'll go eat my pie. I generally prefer cake, to be honest, but the pie is Smudgelette's creation. Clearly the domestic goddess gene skipped a generation. I'm thankful for that. Hey! I found something that came dangerously close to being a topic, considering the significance of the weekend and all.

I better scoot. Oh and it's apple, not even pumpkin. Phew!

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

What is that? It looks like a tanager. No?

Related Posts with Thumbnails