Tuesday 2 December 2008

Boring

This is a very boring time of year and it ought not to be allowed.

So there.

Let's give that some context, shall we? I made it to work for the second day in a row (and slightly more brain than yesterday). I'm doing my best to get back in the swing of things. Even went out on the trail with my camera (and in a buggeringly cold wind) to try to find something worth taking a photo of so that I could use it for the work blather blog (yes, sometimes I blather in an official capacity. And are we tired of the parentheses yet?).

The best I could do?

You're looking at it.

Squirrel in a bird feeder, yep.

And since it's making its appearance here rather than on the work blog, you can see that I decided not to blather about squirrels in bird feeders.

They're a pretty common occurrence around here.

In fact, there was a squirrel in the other bird feeder as well. I didn't take its picture, though. It looked like it was having a bad day.

So was I, if you're counting inspiration. This is a boring, boring time of year. It's all grey and brown... and if it's not grey and brown, it's white. That's worse than grey and brown.

And it's alllll sooooo boooooring.

The only thing out there that's not completely boring is the chickadee population. And maybe the squirrels. But there's only so much you can do with chickadees and squirrels, really. They're not big enough for roasting...

Um, anyway. I've obviously got plenty of nothing, so why don't we all go back to staring at the squirrel. It wasn't actively evil, by the way; my flash just went off for some reason.





The squirrel was not impressed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails