Tuesday 23 December 2008

December 2008, yes


Should a person feel guilty trying to make relevant the photos taken from earlier in the year ... on someone else's blog? Heck no.
But here you get one taken just a few days back anyway.

Now this was shot at only 3:30 in the afternoon but it was before yet another dump of snow. What this means to me is the shortest day of the year was clearly pending, the sun that low in the cloud cover.

And you probably posited these photos were just all tossed upon this screen all willy-nilly with no thought. Heck no, dear reader. There is a purpose to it all.
Okay that's not really true but I did stomp my foot to make it look real.

As to Christmas - we were talking about it, weren't we - or was that just me and the voices. Anyway, I sallied forth yesterday afternoon to pick up one last item and saw the wild beast native to Toronto during these last days of December.

The Wild-eyed Moron.

Perhaps you have the same sort of creature in your neck of the woods. Well, I'm certain you do. It's not hard to spot them, really, though their outer coats differ greatly; some show as navy, some red, some even white though it's not a very smart colour for this time of year. And hopefully their coats are down-filled.

I am, of course, speaking of the drivers in mall lots who stalk you as you walk to your car. You can hear Mildred, riding shotgun, "Look, Herbie! Follow her! She's going to her car! Get her!"
The truly exasperating experiences regarding these people are the ones so very intent on parking in your spot that they cuddle up close enough to negate any possibility of you leaving said spot.

I admit that on occasion I have simply gotten out of my car and walked back into the store after asking once, and asking nicely I might add, that they give me a fair shot at at least getting out of the spot before they join me.
Believe it or not, the old way of switching off the engine to make a point now flies over the heads of the Wild-eyed Moron. It seems to be the one species not evolving over time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails