Tuesday 30 December 2008

I really hate winter

And I hate winter driving even more.

It's not that I don't feel capable of it -- the fact that I'm still here after mumblemumble years of winter driving must indicate some sort of capability -- but more that I'm not entirely convinced that everyone else out there is capable of it.

There are an awful lot of idiots out there, my friend. And the vast majority of them in this province drive pick-up trucks.

I hate pick-up trucks.

Oh, but that's another topic and will no doubt come up on the blog again. And again and again and again...

Anyway. Winter driving. Combine the fact that highway maintenance in Alberta is nowhere near the level it is in places where they actually expect to see snow in the winter (the last time I was in Ottawa I found it both amusing and bemusing to see all the ploughs appear with the first few flakes. Here you'd have to wait for the first few centimetres) with the fact that every idiot in a three-quarter ton thinks he can still drive 120 km/h down the road even though he has almost no traction in the back unless he's carrying approximately three hundred pounds of sandbags in the box and... well, I hate winter driving.

Unfortunately, that's what I'm going to be up to this afternoon. Looking at the forecast, it's seeming like things are only going to get worse as the week progresses (yay! More crappy weather!), so I suppose I'd better get my butt back into the city while things are still merely mildly unpleasant.

I hate winter.

What this all means to the wonderful world of the blog (besides the part where I'm apparently in a snit. Funny. I hadn't noticed that before I started typing) is that I'll be away from the computer for the next few days so you'll have to poke the Toronto office with a stick if you're wanting blather.

Make it a padded stick though. It's still the holiday season, after all.




See you later, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails