Friday 19 December 2008

Quick hi...

Quick because if it gets too long it's going to turn into a major, major whinge.

The weather outside is STILL frightful (for both offices, it seems), but I got stir-crazy enough to call a cab and come down to work for a little while to check e-mail and feed salamanders.

In that order of priority, yes.

Calling a cab this time of year, by the way, is a major investment when you figure in the conditions of the roads and the conditions of the idiots ON the roads, as the cab driver was quick to remind me.

Ahhh well. Worth the price for a tiny piece of sanity, I guess. Soon enough I'll be back in my hole, and the forecast really isn't looking good for my coming out again for a while.

And Christmas, you ask?

Not really in the mood for one, to be honest.

Maybe I'll aim for Ukrainian Christmas instead. It's in my genetic background, after all, and presents would be cheaper with the after-Christmas sales.

Or maybe I'll just buck the trend, go with my gut, and ignore Christmas. It's not nearly as big of a grinch-up as it sounds, you know. Why bother with the stress and garbage if you don't feel it?



Yeah, that.

I hate winter.




See you all... sometime.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails