Friday 26 December 2008

New photos

Yes, new photos was worthy of a post title. There haven't been any new photos from me in a while, after all.

This particular photo would be a self-portrait. Today's socks are courtesy of my sister-in-law, and are on my feet as we speak. Er, as we type... no, as I type and you read.

Unless you're reading tomorrow, of course.

Yesterday's socks, also courtesy of my sister-in-law, were reindeer socks. They're currently in the wash.

You needed to know that.

Um... should I mention that I'm somewhat lacking in sleep at the moment?

So, yesterday. As I said some time ago, I wasn't really planning to do Christmas this year. Somehow, having my life go a short way to hell in a handbasket (hey, even I can admit that things weren't quite bad enough to make it all the way there) didn't put me much in the mood for being festive.

It was all right, though.

The weather finally warmed up to the point where I was able to be out of the apartment long enough to dig out the car and drive to my father's place, and much to my surprise when I got here there was already a turkey in the rotisserie (incidentally, if you ever have rotisseried turkey you will never, ever go back to your roasting pan. So much better) for Christmas supper. Surprise because I'd only phoned home that morning to let my dad know I'd be heading in to town. We neither of us were sure before then that the weather would cooperate.

So, did having an actual Christmas supper put me more in the Christmas mood?

Well, no.

But it was nice all the same.

I hope all of my two fans have had a good day and are not too frazzled by the whole thing, and if you're the type to be hitting the sales now I hope no jackasses run you over.





That was pretty charitable of me, wasn't it?





Oh, before I forget: the title says new photos, plural, for a reason. You're going to have to go here to see the other one, though.

I did mention the lack of sleep thing, right?

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

One of your two fans cooked for herself, husband and his sister and husband. And she got all frazzled because she cannot multi task which is so necessary for a christmas dinner and I am glad it is over and the company went home. Shopping was the pits the day after as we found the apple notebook that I wanted but they were out of stock. I want the Mac notebook 2.4 with back lit keyboard, onboard video camera, (they all have that) 13 inch screen. I really want the 15 inch screen but do not have the 3,000 dollars. I have wanted a Mac my entire life, finally I am getting one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails