Sunday 14 December 2008

Serendipity


I know the official definition of serendipity but to refine that for my own brain, it's "happening upon cool stuff by chance".
You can see why they don't consult me to add to nor edit the Oxford.


As threatened by me to the owner of this place, you have a picture of a hunk of bread in a tree. If you don't find this interesting, I understand.

BUT what if I were to tell you that in the pitching out the front door of a handful of hunks of bread this one became impaled all by itself on the tiny bit of branch you can see when you look closely. Go on, look closely. I'll wait.

Oh sure, now you find it interesting don't you. Well, yeah, I'd say so.


Keep in mind this led to several text messages back and forth beginning with a photo snapped on the cellphone in Toronto, a message sent to Alberta; and after a couple of thoughts back and forth the realization that perhaps I need to get out more.


But seriously ("seriously" ... seriously?!) ... consider the odds, the likelihood, the sheer enormity of the bread actually catching itself on the branch and just think that in all of the world for all time that this ...

Maybe I need to get out more.


Hmm and in looking for a label to plunk down here, I see "serendipity" was already listed. Now, doesn't that just make you want to hunt down the other post(s). Okay, maybe it's just me

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails