Wednesday 23 May 2007

Another tulip

Anyone tired of tulips yet? I hope not. I have more.

What I don't have is any idea of what to type here today. Yesterday was a write-off because I couldn't make my brain work, but I don't have that excuse just now (read that as: I took a pill last night. Early. Was asleep by about 9:30 pm. Still managed to wake up at 3 am, but at least I was artificially groggy enough to convince myself to go back to sleep until 6 am...). Having no excuse still doesn't give me a topic, though.

Hmmm.

All right, how about this. Several people in the last few days have asked me how I like having the office to myself. My usual answer is that it's ok.

What I don't say is that it's ok when I don't have the office to myself, too.






I guess I'm easy to get along with? Or good at accepting the status quo, maybe. Either way, being alone in the office is fine, but so is sharing the office. It's still a bit hard for me to think of this as my office anyway, since it was sort of an accident that I ended up here in the first place. I was fine using a desk in the workshop, but a number of circumstances combined (yeees, I'm being cagily diplomatic here) years ago to make it convenient for me to set up shop in what is, for the most part, Wheat's office.

Maybe we should be asking him what he thinks of sharing an office. Oh, right. He's not here. Then he doesn't get a vote, does he?

My desk is kind of a weird mix of mine and not mine at the best of times, so I suppose it's fitting that I'm in an office that's mine and not mine. My desk holds my own personal reference materials and files, yes, but it also has a whack of other stuff that's just here so it has a place to be. Stationery supplies, information for the programmers, dead animals...

That particular aspect is a bit odd, I know, but I do work at a nature centre, after all. There's a fair amount of a bit odd around here. It's only natural that some of it should overflow onto my desk.

My desk has a lot of toys, too.

No one to blame for that part but myself.

Anyway. I've completely lost the thread here, so that's as good a reason as any to stop typing. With luck we'll be able to talk about the joys of good tailoring tomorrow.

Don't worry. At least part of my two fans know what I'm on about there. The rest of you will know tomorrow, if I'm still in the mood.








Erm, go away now.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Wheat was posting in his blog 50 to zero blog but nothing in the last few days. I guess he is too busy working. I really miss my owls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails