Friday 18 May 2007

Urgh

I didn't pack a lunch today. I usually do, but I just couldn't make myself manage it this morning. It happens occasionally -- that moment of ugh when you open the fridge and look at the lunch things. Couldn't face the routine one more day, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid? What? Why should I be scared?

Well, maybe because not packing a lunch meant the alternative was the completely unheartfriendly lump of grease that's currently making its home in my digestive system. Urgh, indeed.

I'm not sure how people do that every day, to be honest.

----------

In other news, I hate my phone. Well, not my phone per se. I dropped my land line a while ago, and the nice thing about living only by cell is that you can turn a cell off whenever you feel like it.

Yes, I know you can unplug a land line if you're that desperate to not be in touch. Hitting the off button on a cell phone is way more convenient.

No, the phone I hate is the one whose message light (which probably came on while I was away buying fried nausea) is currently reminding me that people for some reason feel like they need to talk to me.

I hate that.

Especially because they seem to need to talk to me about things that I don't have answers for.

I'm spending way too much time on the phone these days. You see, I'm gabbing for two at the moment. There's the non-answerable questions that come through on my own desk phone, and then there's the non-answerable questions that come through on the other guy's phone.

The one across the room from me, yes.

You just had to know that he wouldn't remember to forward it or anything. That'd be far too easy for me.





And it's alllll about me, remember.

So why haven't I forwarded it myself? Well... I'd just be forwarding it to myself. And that would make me cry.



At least when it's his phone ringing I can still have that one self-deluding second of pretending I can ignore it.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'd say shut up, world here, but it doesn't seem to work when I yell it at the phone so maybe I just won't even bother.

That's probably the most polite thing I yell at the phone, actually.




I really hate that phone.

Gah. Here we go again. Catch you all later.









And not by phone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails