Thursday 24 May 2007

I could say lots of things here

I think I'll just restrict myself to saying that trees aren't happy to be snowed on when they have all of their leaves.

Snow, yes.

Thick, heavy, perfect-for-snowmen snow.

At the end of May.

These photos were taken... oh, about fifteen minutes ago. They're hot off the camera (hot? Ha.) and completely unedited. I was going to take a little walk into the Sanctuary to show you the paths with the trees all bent over like some sort of bizarre archway, but it's raining now and I didn't want to get the camera wet.

Now, normally you'd expect me to get all in a snit about weather like this. After all, I'm not a huge fan of snow (bet you hadn't noticed). The fact is, though, that this snow will be gone tomorrow. It might be gone today, now that the rain has started.

It's just too bad that it had to do so much damage while it was here, that's all. It's not just the trees, either. A lot of our native fruit-bearing bushes were in full flower, and this little mess will probably tank the berry crop this year. Not so good for berry-pickers, but even worse for the wildlife that depends on the fruit.

Ah well. Things will work out one way or another. Nature's interesting that way.

Notice how I haven't made mention of the people who are without electricity or the amount of personal property that's likely to have been hit hard by the snow? Yes, I have my priorities.

----------

I don't have much else on the brain at the moment, except for a minor whinge and a word of advice. Advice first:

If you try out a new therapy ball for your wrist pain, don't assume it's not doing much of anything until you're sure you can move the next day.

Yeah.

SOMEbody overdid it a bit with a gyroscopic thingy that's supposed to improve wrist strength. Now SOMEbody is sore all the way up to her neck. Silly SOMEbody.

Let's hope that SOMEbody doesn't manage to put her neck out by sleeping crooked on those sore muscles tonight. Wrecking a neck because of a wrist, eh?

That'd be funny.





In a painful sort of way.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails