Saturday 26 May 2007

The way I see it

Myopically.

Oh, and astigmatically.

The end.

----------

Yeah, I'm kidding. About the end part, not the other stuff.

I talked a bit (ok, more than a bit) on the old blog about my beliefs in regards to vision. More specifically, I rambled on about how, in my opinion, our physical vision shapes our... well, let's say metaphysical vision.

Don't worry. This isn't going to be one of those posts that ends up getting labelled pseudophilosophy. Erm, that is, it'll probably be labelled that now just because I brought the word up (and yes, spellcheck, I know it's not a real word. I only use it because it's faster than typing half-assed philosophy, which is what most of my philosophy qualifies as), but I'm not in the mood to type a lengthy rant about nothing in particular at the moment. We'll save that for another day.

The short form is that the way I see the world is, in large part, because of the way I see the world. If you're not following, don't panic (not that I thought you would. It's just that I missed Towel Day so I had to fit in a belated reference somehow). The whole vision thing is something that gets tossed around in my head quite a lot, so it'll show up here more often than you'd really want it to anyway.

And speaking of anyway, this was all just a roundabout way of saying that I think today's pointless photo is pretty cool for a whole bunch of reasons. I'm not going to tell you what reasons. You'll have to choose your own.

Yours will be different. They have to be. There's no possible way that you see what I see.

And, of course, I don't see what you do.

I like that.






I'm off to take some pointless macros now. I may possibly even break out the tripod so that they look a little more like abstracts and a little less like random insanity.

Shocking thought, isn't it?

Have a good Saturday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails