Tuesday 8 May 2007

Oddities out there in the world ... Part One


You didn't realize this is a blog where things are cross-referenced, did you. You see back in April I mused that there must be oddities out there that needed documenting .... or documentating as my fingers first spelled that.

While we can debate the definition of "needed", for the time being I still have the password to get in here and, well, there's today's photo.

At a risk of sounding not politically correct my view of this upside-down sign is that some folks have enough of a challenge in life without having to figure out if they should park the way the sign suggests. Of course this being Toronto, there are many who act as though this is the way to drive as well.


This is all causing me to take a look around at my surroundings when I leave the cocoon that is home, you know. In order to find these things "out there", one needs to go "out there". It's all very scary at times.

Anyone who knows me knows I enjoy and embrace my phobia of the real world. It gets in the way of experiencing certain things but I figure I can take up sky-diving, extreme sports or meeting new people at any point. And yes, those are all equally appealing to me.

Well okay, in reality, only one of those makes me quake.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Funny stuff. While in England I noticed they had some unusual roadway signs. The "crossings" signs were the cutest. One was "frog crossing".

Related Posts with Thumbnails