Tuesday 1 May 2007

What I really wanted to write yesterday:

My knee hurts and it's making me cranky. Also, I'm allergic to poplar pollen.

And about today's pointless photo: I don't know either. Think of it as an abstract, I guess.

I'm honestly not sure what was up with yesterday. I don't know if you've noticed, but I occasionally tend to run unexpectedly off at the mouth. Er, fingers. Whatever. Either way, I certainly wasn't intending to do much more than post that tulip bud photo when I logged on.

Ah well.

I've been doing some work-related writing lately -- as much as you can call program scripting writing -- and that generally seems to produce two results with regards to the blog. Either I come on and post nothing but pictures and minimal comments for a week because I'm burned out, or I come on and blaaaaaaaaaaather.

Yesterday? The latter.

I've said on the old blog that one of the big reasons that I post darn near daily whether I have anything of consequence (or lack of same) to say is that I'm not really a natural writer. That is, I have the ability to write but I almost completely lack the drive to do it. I'm never going to pen the next big novel, because I can't be bothered to... bother.

So it seems kind of weird that I write at all, right?

The fact is that sometimes I have to. Sometimes I even want to. But since it's not an overwhelming urge for me to write, it's easy to let myself get out of practice. Communication (of any kind) only becomes easy if you keep the communication joints well lubed, as far as I can tell, and if I don't write regularly I find that it becomes really hard to write at all. Things get a little rusty.

Thus the blather.

Well, that's one of the reasons, anyway. There are others.





Anyway, today is one of the burned-out days. I've got nothing but a sore knee and a sinus headache. As opposed to all the answers, which is what I apparently had yesterday.

I think I'm going to have to talk to that particular voice about that at some point...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails