Saturday 8 September 2007

Hey, I forgot to blog

Ok, I'll do it now, then.

Not that there's a helluva lot to say, mind. I think I'm finally getting my father's cold (it had to happen eventually. The only wonder is that it's a week later than I'd estimated it would be), and at the moment I'm at the stage of slightly headache-y and not feeling quite right but still (mostly) functional. Give it a day, though, and I'll no doubt be in full-on whinge.

The other reason I have very little to say is that I've just spent far too much time looking at the Social Studies curriculum while trying to figure out what to do with the Grade Fours.

Oh, and just as a side note to any of my American readers who've wondered why I continually refer to Grade Fours and the like rather than Fourth Graders... well, I'm Canadian. That's the way we do it here. You're just lucky I haven't taken to talking about Forms instead. That's not the way we do it here, but it would be entertainingly confusing to refer to them anyway. Entertaining to me, at least. Probably not to anyone else, but as I've said far too many times before: my house, my rules.

And as a side note to pretty much everybody, my typing skills are apparently already on the weekend break today. If you notice mistakes, I really don't give a flying rat's bum.

If you're wondering why the Grade Fours need something done with them, then you're probably more interested in my job than you should be.






My head hurts, did I mention?

I'd like to be home watching DVDs and eating Alphagetti and wieners right now, actually. Yes, that's right. Alphagetti and wieners. With parmesan on the top.

Don't you judge me.





Ok, the fact is that Alphagetti-and-wieners falls under the category of comfort food for me. When I was a kid we only lived a few blocks away from the school, so we used to walk home for lunch quite frequently. It was a different time then, she says in her best old lady voice. We had a lot of canned lunches. Prem (think Spam. I like Prem better, though). Cream of Whatever soup. My personal favourite was Alphagetti and wieners. You had to have the wieners, you know. It wasn't nearly as much fun without the wieners.

The parmesan addition came when I was in university and becoming more... sophisticated in my tastes. That "sophisticated" really doesn't sound right when talking about canned pasta, but I guess we'll go with it.

By the way, I'm currently very wet because I took a momentary break from blogging about nothing to run out in the rain and rescue some leftover perennials from the plant exchange for my father. I have no idea if it's anything he might want, but they were just going to throw them out otherwise.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. My day's allotment of sodium in a can.

To this day, if I'm feeling under the weather and need a bit of self-mothering, I'll crave Alphagetti and wieners with parmesan. Either that or split pea and ham soup. Courtesy of Campbells on that one, I'll admit. I'm not usually enough of a soup person to bother making my own, as easy as I know you're going to tell me it would be.

Besides, I don't know about you but the absolute first thing I want to do when I'm sick (and whiney) is to get up and make soup from scratch.

What does Scratch Soup taste like, anyway? Itchy, I suppose.

So, yeah. Expect whine whine whine in the next few days if I am coming down with a cold, because everybody knows that I'm the only person who's ever been at all sick in the world and I'll have to tell everyone about it.

Loudly and obnoxiously.

And repetitively.





Some things don't change, even if it is on a different blog.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

What the heck are Alphagetti and wieners. Is it by campbell soups.
My brother still eats beanie wienies.
Yes, he does. they are little tiny hot dogs in beans. Good when I was a kid but not now. In fact whenever I go back and try and eat those old comfort foods, they never taste quite the same. I have great insomniac news. I have found the cure. At least it is working for me. I sleep like a baby. http://www.vivichealthproducts.com/coral15.htm
I got mine at Walmart. Must be the liquid factor, it works so fast on the bloodstream.

Related Posts with Thumbnails