Monday 17 September 2007

It was raining at 3 am, you know

The fact that I know that should excuse me from making a real post, I figure.

Really, the only reason there are words beside today's pointless photo is that there may be one person in the universe who wants to know what I thought of the Emmys since I made mention of them yesterday.

They were boring.

Inexcusable, really. Long is understandable, but merely boring should be avoidable.

There were a lot of ables in that last sentence, weren't there?

The only thing I found of vague interest at all was Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert giving the statue to Steve Carell since Ricky Gervais wasn't there to accept it. I've wanted to see someone do that for a long time.

As far as the fashion thing went, I didn't see anything of real interest. I'll say again that there needs to be a lot more bow tie wearing, boys. Otherwise you may just as well wear a plain black suit. And why exactly was Alec Baldwin dressed like a slightly bloated waiter?

On the female side, I suppose things were mostly ok. Hayden Panettiere seemed to be doing some kind of tribute to flesh-coloured pumpkins (or maybe she was smuggling in small children), Edie Falco looked like she'd been paintballed, and Elaine Stritch -- whom I love, really -- well, there just comes a time in life when hems should be below the knee, I think. Leslie Caron seemed to be headed to the Crusades after the show or something like that, but when you're Leslie Caron I guess you can get away with it.

One other thing. Feathers. Why do women ever think it's a good idea to wear feathers?

That's all I've got at the moment. Assuming I stay awake I'll be watching the silly entertainment shows tonight so I can laugh at them gushing over mostly pedestrian outfits, but that's the only plan for today.

Besides getting groceries, that is. I didn't bother last week, and the cupboard is decidedly bare.

So's the brain. I'm tired of this cold, already. I'm sure you are too... or at least tired of mentions of this cold.




Later, all.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Was that the emmy's in which Kathy
Griffin said the Jesus word? It was boring. Except for the speeches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails