Monday 10 September 2007

Pointless thought of the day and assorted random blathering

I really am a pretty big fan of nighttime cold medication.

And that, boys and girls, should excuse anything else that comes out on the blog today.

Just saying.

----------

I have nothing in mind (mind? I have no mind) for the daily blather, so for a change let's talk about the pointless photo.

I like this photo. I took it yesterday, along with about thirty others which I promptly deleted. This particular shot survived the purge, though, and no wonder. Lilies are always good subjects.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of lilies. Good, strong lines that you don't have to mess with too much in either photography or doodling. I have so many lily sketches. They're fun to play with, you see. The flower itself isn't fussy, so you have lots of scope to fool around with tones and shading to get your effect.

Any of my two fans who have paying the least bit of attention over the years shouldn't be surprised at a photo of the back side of a lily. I do things like that fairly frequently. It's not so much aiming at being artsy (well, sometimes it is) as it is looking at things from a different angle. It's the whole shape/pattern thing again. When you get a glimpse of something in a slightly unusual way you start to notice things about its construction and form that might have escaped you before. Or you should. I do.

Besides, the backlighting was just cool.





I've got a whole big bunch of nothing today, as you can tell. I should probably stop typing, then.

Yep.

The picture is neat though. Isn't it?





Going, yes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails