Thursday 6 September 2007

Stuff on a desk

The pointless photo, of course, is not of stuff on a desk. If it was, it wouldn't be pointless.

It's a picture of something that used to be on my desk until yesterday, though.

As was mentioned previously, I have a skinny new shelf beside my desk. Because of this, I've been able to reorganise some of the mess.

Actually, let me rephrase that. My desk is hardly ever truly a mess, because I get the twitches if it is. Just ask Wheat. No, my desk qualified as cluttered, not messy. Too many things taking up too much space.

Well, now that the binders and dead animals (and solar motion demonstrator) have been relocated, I can tell you that I still have some weird things on my desk. Thirty-seven reference books, for one (or thirty-seven) thing(s). That part's weird because the only books I left on the desk were ones that I personally own. Someday I might have to find room for thirty-seven more books in my small apartment.

That sounds a bit of a problem. I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Some of the other highlights of my desk include a small elephant (courtesy of the incredible travelling Wheat), the infamous blue therapy putty (infamous to anyone who remembers the photo series from the old blog. And don't bother looking. They're all gone now), a magnetic floating pen, a stromatolite, a giggle stick, part of a sheet of mosaic tile, a large dayglow spider puzzle, assorted sketches, a bottle of cheap prostitute-red nail polish... and we can't forget the monitor lizard.

There are other things, too. Some of them are even work-related.

Come to think of it, a surprising amount of it is work-related.

A while back (before the recent remodelling) I took a series of photos of the things on my desk. I'm thinking it might be time to do it again. I could lie and pretend that it would give some insight into the life of a (*cough*) professional interpreter, but really it would just be something to fill space with until I find something interesting to write about again.

I haven't been doing so well with that lately. I'm not sure if you noticed?

Anyway, back to work. We're playing in the planetarium this afternoon if all goes well, so that ought to pretty much guarantee the formation of headache v.1354.7.

That number, by the way, is just a random estimate. I imagine it should be a bit higher, but to think about things like that is more than a little depressing.

Go back and examine the solar thingy in the picture if you need more entertainment. Maybe someday I'll explain what it's supposed to be doing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails