Saturday 22 September 2007

Pointless photo of the day:

I have a few too many sky photos on my nerdstick.

I have no idea why I keep taking pictures of the sky.




Because it's there, I suppose.

----------

It's chilly back in the office today, and chilly always makes me a bit cranky. Not cranky enough to turn up the heat when I'm the only one using this part of the building, but cranky nonetheless.

Chilly also makes my hands not want to operate properly, so this might be short.

Today (my second-last regular Saturday workday of the season) has been about snakes and pamphlets. Not at the same time, no. I wouldn't want to confuse anyone into thinking I was writing a pamphlet about the snakes.

Or even writing a pamphlet for the snakes. That would be silly.

I don't know if the snakes can read, for one thing.

Anyway. Today was Snake Tank Cleaning Day, and my job on Snake Tank Cleaning Day is to take the snakes out of the tank so that the girls can do the cleaning. It's not too serious a task. You just put the snakes in a plastic bin and get them out of the way for a bit.

Did I say "a" plastic bin? That was a mistake.

As was trying to put both snakes in the same bin.

Has anyone else in the room recently been peed on by a red-sided garter snake? The smell is delightful, isn't it?

So I put the snakes into TWO plastic bins and all was well. Brought them back to the office to keep an eye on them, plugged in the heat lamp for the resident office snake (did I mention that it's chilly back here? And for anyone counting, that's the third snake to appear in this post), and started working on a program pamphlet.

It's kind of weird to be typing away while being watched by a garter snake in a plastic bin, you know.

Well, no. You probably don't know. Trust me, though... it is kind of weird.





Where did my life go so horribly wrong that I find myself working on advertising while babysitting a desk full of garter snakes in plastic bins?

Speaking of animals, we still haven't bought anything for the non-snake-filled plastic bin on Wheat's desk that used to contain a very small lizard. It's not too late to get your votes in, but since I got a decidely lukewarm response the last time I asked for votes I can only assume that you're voting subliminally.

STOP THAT.

I keep trying to tell you that I don't have super powers and can't actually read your collective mind, but do you people ever listen?

I ought to sic my odoriferous garter snake on you. Yes, all two of you.

It'd serve you right.





I think I'm out of stuff now. You know, just in case you wondered.

2 comments:

Sparroweye said...

sic...sic...sic...

Listen, compared to my boring life,
your garter snake babysitting sounds exciting. Here, have a spider
photo. The best I have ever seen
and with a full poem included.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flashmaggie/1423343135/?addedcomment=1#comment72157602121496246

ps, I used to have your Flickr link but lost it. I know, I will search on Fickr.

deeol said...

I'm probably one of the last remaining people in the world who doesn't have a Flickr account, actually. I have a never-updated account with another service that I won't bother mentioning, and the default Picasa album that comes with Blogger blogs. That's it, really. The blog's web album is linked over on the sidebar, but it's only the same stuff you see here.

I do add captions, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails