Wednesday 5 September 2007

Nothing

As in: I've got.

Nothing.

I've been busy, you see.

I've also not really been thinking of blog-type things. It's not been a priority, I guess.

So...

We could talk about shelving, I suppose. I bought a shelf for the office the other day. That's a big thing.

My desk, you see, has been (for years) the repository for a lot of garbage I wished wasn't there. Programming-related items I inherited from the person who had the desk before. Binders full of school curriculum information, general resources, youth programs... that kind of thing. It was fine when I was only using the desk casually, but it unfortunately didn't move when the desk became more-or-less mine.

Binders aren't all that self-motivated, unfortunately.

It'd be more entertaining if they were.

Anyway, I'd been wanting a shelf to keep some of that stuff off of the desk (leaving room for my own resource material, which was sort of wedged in precariously) for a while, but the problem was that space in this office is somewhat at a premium. I had a tiny little space (where my filing cabinet that I NEVER GOT BACK used to live), but because there's another cabinet jutting out into the doorway now I wouldn't have been able to fit something filing-cabinet size in there anymore.

Stalemate. What do you do when you need the world's narrowest bookshelf but aren't exactly the carpentry type?

Well, you end up looking at modular closet organisers until you find the one, narrow, two-adjustable-shelf model in existence that might actually work.

I built it this morning. While we were having a meeting, actually.

It's now proudly holding a whack o' binders that are no longer on my desk.

Oh, and some dead animals as well.






My job is weird, remember?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails