Tuesday 11 September 2007

Office pets

But first...

Consider today's pointless photo a vision test. Click on it to make it bigger if you need to, but then come back here.

Ready?

What did you see when you looked at it? Did you see the marigold, or did you notice the fly in the marigold? Or -- and this is to see who's really paying attention -- did you notice that the fly in the marigold is likely to have a very short life if the goldenrod spider waiting for it in the marigold has its way?

That's a lot going on in one flower, you know.

----------

We're short one office pet now, apparently. Wheat informs me that the very small lizard bit the big one the other day. Ah well. It was, after all, a very small lizard.

Now, though, we have space for another office pet. You see, Wheat had bought the lizard a proper home (complete with heater, even) and it seems a shame to have a proper home sitting empty so we figure we may as well get something else.

Something that would be happy in a lizard-y home, I guess.

Also, something that it's not a pain in the ass for me to feed.

And yes, I know that I don't often use the word ass on the blog, as much as I'm very comfortable using it in real life. I wasn't in the mood to come up with a different phrase today, so you get what you get. Not feeling well, remember?

We're sort of leaning towards a gecko at the moment. No, not because we need insurance. Just because geckos are, on the whole, pretty cool.

I'm sure we'd both be happy with a corn snake too, but the cost gets up there a bit.

I suppose what I'm saying here is that we're looking for an office pet on the cheap. It's not often that the two of us decide to actually put our own money into the office wildlife, so I'm not sure exactly how much we're collectively willing to invest.

If money were no object I'd vote for a tortoise, personally.

And your vote? Well, that's why I bring this up. Use the comment link. Tell me what new thing you'd like to see joining the office menagerie, but keep in mind that whatever it is will have to like a small plastic home with a built-in (ok, taped-on) heater.

In other words, make up my mind for me. It's not like I have a working one at the moment anyway.




And just be thankful that I haven't shared with you the fun of having my otc cold med wear off ALREADY. It's going to be a long afternoon, I can tell you.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

Well a gecko of course whose first name shall be El.


So very obvious to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails