Friday 2 March 2007

Are you sleeping, are you sleeping...?

No I'm not, no I'm not...

Is everybody singing Frère Jacques yet? Here. Have a go.

Meanwhile, back at the blog...

Yeah, I'm in more than a bit of a fog. Have been for a couple of days now, but today for whatever reason it's really really really really really hit.

Sorry for the reallys. I got a little stuck.

My two fans will already know that I have a slight insomnia problem at times. Right now would be at times, for those who are slow to catch on. I came in to the office today to do some programming research, but considering that I'm having trouble focussing for long enough to remember how to spell research (seriously. Both times it's taken me faaar too many hits of the backspace key), I'm thinking that it might be better left to another time.

Two o'clock in the morning was very nice, though. We had ice fog. It kind of made everything look slightly unreal.

This morning we had hoarfrost.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be up to +7C.

Any surprise the brain gets a tad confused this time of year?

Not that I'm blaming that for my lack of sleep. Lack of sleep and I are old friends. He drops by on a regular basis. We talk alllll night...






Yeah.

Anyway, at least I have that excuse for not being able to read the monitor at first glance. I was a little worried about that, to be honest, because this is my first go with Wheat's old monitor (which has replaced MY old monitor) and I didn't want to find out that I could actually see the old, reflective, headache-causing screen better. That would have ticked me off more than a little. I hated that thing.

My monitor lizard hates the new one, though. He can't perch quite as comfortably on top.

Monitor lizard?

Big purple beanbag lizard. He lives on the monitor. The name seemed obvious.




To me, at least.

Seems to me I talked about him on the old blog. Gimme a moment.

Hey, what do you know? Here he is, complete with picture. I forgot about that part. He doesn't look quite as happy now, because I had to position him differently to keep him from sliding down the back of the monitor.

Not that any of this matters.

It really doesn't, you know.




Man, I wish I had a brain.

And how annoying is that midi?

You're welcome.





Going now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww.. I love that bean bag, and the song. Isn't that like what the scarecrow sang on Oz? That rooibos
tea does not work as well after a while. I guess we grow immune to it.
I have fallen back on melatonin but read that the dosage is not regulated so who knows what the hell I am doing to my body. I am sick that my way with words in my previous poetry has not come back to me. I wonder, is this the beginning of alzhiemers. I want a home with lots of birds and pets and hot young interns. sorry to make light of a serious illness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails