Tuesday 13 March 2007

A little bit of a cheat


.... but it's meant to buoy the spirit of she who lives in the other corner of the blog.
The cheating part means I think I may have posted this photo once before - not sure.

These beauties lived under the maple tree on the front lawn for three years but the sapling turned into an actual tree-let and the shade prohibits me from planting them now, with any good result.

The up side is I got my red maple after years of really wanting one. Well I guess there is only an up side; there's certainly enough flower garden to go around.

Today's forecast in the backyard: 13 C degrees, two-thirds of the yard under water due to sudden melting, mud up to the pups' knees, leading to a blue streak in the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. Red maples won't grow
in Florida. Silver maple maybe.
But, I have an eastern red screech
owl in my bird house. Na Na Na Na Na.
And she is a bit creepy looking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails