Saturday 24 March 2007

To each his own

So I take the cat out because he wants to go exploring -- incidentally, I'm not sure how he becomes so certain that it's spring (seeing that he's largely an indoor cat and shouldn't have too many clues about the weather), but once he knows it's warm out the howling doesn't stop until he sees his harness being taken down -- and rather than check out the yard he decides to spend his time doing exciting things like sniffing the father figure's SUV.

Ah well, whatever.

Is it too early in the post to say that I don't really feel like posting?

No serious reason. It's just that I did my taxes last night and paid my bills this morning, so at the moment the five-year-old in me is saying that I deserve a reward and should be allowed to play for the rest of the morning rather than trying to be lucid, enlightening, or vaguely interesting.

Not that I'm saying the blog is ever any of the above. I aim for it occasionally, but I've probably mentioned once or twice that I'm fairly nearsighted.

Couldn't hit a rock with the broad side of a barn, I mean.

What? You tell me I can't use myopia as an excuse for the pointlessness of the blather? Ok, but I really think it should be good for something. Why not use it as a general excuse for pretty much everything?

Anyway, I'd much sooner waste a bit of time with a game or something than try to come up with a topic today. So...







Oh, wait. One thing. Remember how I said yesterday that I was probably talking about stars in my sleep? Well, last night (or should I say this morning?) the dog alarm decided that we had to be up at about 4 am, and when I woke up the cats had been... you guessed it... helping me with an imaginary planetarium program. Quite the dream, actually. They were pretty decent about the whole thing.

Wheat, I think I may need hazard pay if this keeps up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails