Friday 16 March 2007

Pointless TMI moment of the day:

I sneezed myself into a nosebleed this morning.

Now there's a great way to start the day.

It wasn't a bad one, if anyone was worried. It did, however make me slightly afraid to blow my nose until about mid-morning. By that point there was very little other choice but to blow, potential nosebleed be damned.

Wheat says the sniffling doesn't drive him nuts (gee. You'd think he has young kids or something) but it comes pretty darn close for me. Yes, my own sniffling drives me nuts. And it's not a happy sight to see when a grown woman starts yelling at herself to just go get a tissue already.

Gee, I love colds.

----------

The pointless photo of the day, I should mention, is the end of winter. Yep, that's where winter ends, right there. Not that I'm saying that winter is over. I'm in Alberta, after all. It'd be stupid to say that winter is over at this point in the year.

Winter in my father's yard just happens to end right there, that's all.

Or maybe he'd been out chipping the ice from the pathway.




That wouldn't be nearly as interesting, though.

----------

Apparently I'll be spending the afternoon drawing birds and spiders to the best of my limited ability. Does that strike anyone else as weird? To be paid for doodling, I mean. Yes, there's a purpose to today's efforts, but it just goes against logic that I, the so-called zoologist (well, at least my university degree calls me a zoologist), will be paid to play artist for a while.

For those new to the program, this isn't the first time it's happened.

I draw. A little. For many, many years that was a deep dark secret. Members of my own family were surprised to find out that I liked to doodle. No one here at work had the foggiest idea that I knew which end of a pencil is supposed to contact the paper.

It's the sharper end, for anyone who wasn't sure.

I'm not entirely sure when things changed. I must have received positive feedback about something at some point (I'm nothing if not Pavlovian), because I ended up sort of unexpectedly doing a bit of doodling here at work. It started with quick weed sketches (not marijuana, no. We're not quite that hippie here) for an edible plant display, and it's since moved on.

Dangerously.

As in I think my boss may believe I'm capable of more than I am.

Ah well. I guess I should post this so I can get to the important stuff.






Doodling.



My job is so weird.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails