Wednesday 14 March 2007

More green things

Ok, so it's not as showy as the portulaca below. But still.

Yeah, hardy primulas are a little weird as to when they decide it's growin' time again.

It's something, anyway. In a grasping-at-straws sort of way.

----------

Wheat to me, this morning: What are you doing here?
Me to Wheat, shortly after the above: I work here, remember?


For those of you wondering whether or not Wheat's lost it (or whether I finally did quit. I threaten it often enough), it's all right. We have pretty much the same conversation every time I start back in at full-time hours.

It doesn't help that things are a little weird this year. Normally I'm not full-time until at least May, but this time we're starting early and ending late. Long story... and by the way I say that you can imagine that you're not about to hear it.

This all leads to Wheat having to get used to having a regular office mate again. I generally drop in every (week) day when I'm on casual, but having to deal with that for an hour or two as opposed to all freaking day means that we both (I'd imagine. I don't suppose I can speak for Wheat, although you've probably already noticed that I'm doing it anyway) have to redevelop a working rhythm. It happens reasonably quickly after all these years, but there's still always that day or two of what are you doing here?

For both of us, yes.

I generally spend a lot of my first week or so wondering what I am doing here.

Is anyone asking yet how I can manage to survive on casual hours for most of the year?






It's called laziness.

I like my time off, so I've learned how to budget for it.

That's not to say that the first full-time pay cheque of the year isn't appreciated.





Highly, highly appreciated.

Ah well, be all of that as it may. I'm back in the saddle again (or at least I am when my cold is behaving a little better than it was yesterday), so my two fans can expect lots of tales of wacky office high jinks and...

Who'm I kidding? Back at work just means lots of whinging about work.

Ain't we got fun, boys and girls?




Oh, go back to looking at the plant.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Yes it's all day everyday here at work central. One of us should probably kill the other by mid August this year.

Bet against me, give me a cut and I'll throw the whole deal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails