Wednesday 28 November 2007

Antici... pation

Yeah, the title's a Rocky Horror reference. I'll leave it to you to look it up if you're desperate to.

I'm very much the model of a snit at the moment (gah. That sent me straight to being the very model of a modern major-general. Sorry if it did the same to you... although there's really nothing wrong with a bit of G&S running through your brain now and then). It's cold, I haven't had a chance to get used to the cold, and that means that life just now is all about rashes, trouble breathing, and a constant headache.

Yay winter.

Once again, let's relax and look at the pretty flower.




Ok.

The biggest trouble with suddenly being blindsided by winter like this, though, isn't actually the physical reaction I have. It's the knowing that I'm going to have the physical reaction, that it's going to hurt, and that there's not a whole lot I can do to prevent it. Lessen it, yes, but not prevent it. Well, except by refusing to go outside, which is pretty much what I did yesterday.

And this morning, until about ten o'clock.

Anticipation of pain is just not, not fun.

It makes me cranky.






The funny thing about all of this is that I've been looking to take some time off since my current work term is drawing to a close, but being forced to take time off because I don't want to go outside isn't exactly what I had in mind.

It makes me a little stir-crazy, to be honest.

And cranky.




Did I already say cranky?

Must be true, then.

I'll end with a note to the t.v. club: I hope you enjoyed last night's wine-gumminess, because we're about to enter the December drought unless the writers' strike suddenly and miraculously ends. There'll be reruns in the meantime, however.

Are reruns still worth wine gums? I hope so, because I don't want to have to go into withdrawal. Maybe we can declare December a wine gum sours month as a ridiculous form of protest or something, eh?

Or not. I'm going back to my snit now. Singing, naturally...

I’m very good at integral and differential calculus
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is the very model of a modern Major-General

can we polish handles too?

smudgers said...

There's something just wrong about sour wine gums. It's just wrong.

Marianne said...

I did enjoy House last night... he is soo clever, poor Cutty! I wonder how long it will be before a new one.. I hope the reruns are the couple I missed :) What an ironic way to protest... I'll do it:) I'm glad you're not here, it's been -30ish all week...hopefully you're not in too much pain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails