Thursday 29 November 2007

Lunch

I've just had three mandarin oranges for lunch. It's ok, though. They were small.

I might have a granola bar later to balance things out a bit.

And yes, I always peel mandarin oranges that way. Shut up. There's nothing wrong with it.

There isn't, you know.

----------

Speaking of lunch, the snakes have had their pinkies (well, one has. The other is either completely stupid or thinks he should be hibernating. It might be both, come to think of it. Can you hibernate stupidly?), the office spider has been given a few crickets as encouragement to show herself a little more, and...

Oh, I didn't mention the office spider, did I? Well, there's an office spider. If you know where the work blog is, I posted the info there. If you don't know where the work blog is it's probably because I didn't tell you. And if I didn't tell you, you can draw your own conclusions as to why.

We still want to buy a new pet, but we're going with the free one at the moment. It's my informal rule that anything that lives in the office actually has to live in the office for at least a week before we bother naming it, and this little girl (girl, yes) has officially earned a name.

She doesn't have a name, but she's earned one.

Thoughts?

Other than "why can't you ever have normal pets in your office," I mean.

She's black with a few orange markings and green chelicerae, if that influences your choice.

Oh, and she's fairly hairy too.





Where was I?

Lunch. Right. I don't know why, really. What can one say about pinkies, crickets, and three mandarin oranges with a possible side of granola bar?

Cold weather makes me not want to pack lunches, I guess. One could say that.

And yes, it's still cold. Windchill when I left the apartment (FINALLY left the apartment. It took a bit of convincing again) was below -25C.




Aaaaand... now I'm all depressed.

I think I'm going to go stare at the spider for a while. Must be nice to have a life where crickets make everything better.

I'm not sure I'd want crickets for lunch, though.




Guess I'll stick with the oranges.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails