Monday 5 November 2007

Pointless Max of the day:

And why the pointless Max?

Well, I just read something on Discovery News that left me all weepy and depressed and thinking that I knew I'd feel all weepy and depressed if I read it but I read it anyway and therefore must be a little soft in the head. So... I needed something to counteract the weepy and depressed.

You gotta admit. The little troublemaker is cute.

I should explain that reading science news doesn't generally make me all weepy and depressed. I am, as is unfortunately usual at the moment, operating on very little sleep. Weepy and depressed is easier than blinking my eyes on days like this.

Yes, I really meant to type blinking my eyes. It's not easy when you haven't slept much. For one thing, the brain tends to forget that the eyes are supposed to OPEN again once they've done the closing part.

The blame for the sleep thing is resting on the changing of the clocks, if you were wondering. It's fine to say that we get an extra hour of sleep, but what really happens in my world is that I stay up a little later to try to convince my body that what used to be eleven o'clock is really ten o'clock and then my brain wakes itself up at four o'clock just to prove to me who's really in charge.

Shut up. I don't care if any of this makes sense.

Stupid brain anyway.





Let's all scroll back up and look at the cat for a few seconds, shall we?

Niiice kitty. Bit of a pain in the arse, but at least he likes people. I've known more than a few cats who've obviously thought of us as a completely moronic species barely to be tolerated.

Hmmm.

I should stop here before me 'n the tired brain say what we really think of that assessment.





Ok then.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails