Tuesday 13 November 2007

On the gimp

Pointless photo? Yes, completely.

----------

Today we're going to talk about limping, because I am. And sorry to anyone who thought we might be having a fascinating conversation about braided trim or graphics editing. Amazing how many connotations a silly word like gimp has, really.

I've been limping in one form or another for a lot of years now. I was born with Achilles tendon problems (which meant that walking wasn't my strong suit right from the beginning), but I've since torn the *insert epithet here* out of one of my ankles during a grade nine relay race (yes... me, in a race. Ridiculous situation to start with, and fairly pathetic outcome) and screwed up a knee pretty badly in university.

By falling off of a bus, yes. Shut up. Oh, and it goes without saying that the buggered up ankle and the buggered up knee are on opposite legs, right?

Anyway, this all leads to a pretty much permanent limp that gets better or worse depending on how tired I am and which joint has most recently been reinjured.

At the moment the brace would tell you that the limp is favouring the left ankle, which I believe I mentioned turning last week. And for the Toronto office, who wondered, I turned it into a GIGANTIC PAIN. There. Now you know.

You'd think that someone who's been dealing with the effects of an injury for a long time would know the basics of what to do after turning her ankle yet again (google RICE for yourself if you don't know. I'm not going to be your St John Ambulance) and I do (minus the I part, which causes me more problems than it helps), but I seem to be having a bit of difficulty with the R this time around.

Please reread the sentence where I told you to google RICE if you don't know what I mean by R or I. I shouldn't have to do all the work for you people.

It seems like I've been on my feet an awful lot in the past few days, and I'm honestly not sure how that happened. I cooked supper at my father's place on Saturday which I normally only do a couple of times a year, and I suppose I wasn't really expecting that. He decided he wanted pork tenderloin casserole and it sounded like a good idea to me, so since only one of us knows how to make pork tenderloin casserole... well, there's an hour or two there. And then there was the gift shopping. And the grocery shopping. And last night's craving for lemon loaf...

Ok, I guess I have been on my feet an awful lot in the past few days.

Today's planetarium duty isn't helping the situation either.

whine whine whine moan moan moan shut up already ya freakin' pansy...




Um, sorry about that. I'll give that voice a talking-to when I get home.

I need to get back to work anyway, so I'll have to end this before I get to my actual point (I did have one, believe it or not. The post wasn't just going to be about the misuse of brackets). Do I need to slap the t.v. club upside the head and remind them that it is NOT my turn to buy wine gums?

I really shouldn't have to by this stage, you know.

I do it anyway.



No idea why.
I guess it's just my place in the cosmos.





*limps off all martyr-y*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails