Tuesday 20 November 2007

Piloerectors

And another pointless clematis photo because that's what I had.

Yes, that's the only reason.

----------

For anyone puzzling over the post title, I'll give you a moment to google piloerector.

No, really. Go ahead. I'm too lazy to do the work today.






All done?

So, yes. I'm sitting here with goosebumps today, although I think they might be partially psychosomatic. I think it's a little chilly in the office, but I know it's a little chilly outside. To make things worse, it's supposed to get downright cold tonight and that doesn't make me especially happy.

Not a big fan of the cold, if you've forgotten.

And I do realise that a) I'm living in Alberta and b) it gets cold here in winter and c) we've been pretty lucky to get mild weather up to this point in November... but STILL.

I don't like giving the piloerectors a workout.

It doesn't help that with the sun getting lower my south-facing apartment is getting more light, either. The place heats up like a greenhouse, I'm overly warm and miserable all night, and the rest of the world just seems that much colder afterwards. And if anyone was going to suggest opening a window... sadly, no. Not when it gets too much below zero. We have baseboard radiator heating, and I'm not that into paying for the replacement of burst pipes.

Whine whine whine.

I know.

But I'm cold, you see. It turns me from a five-year-old to a three-year-old.





I really am chilly.

Makes me cranky.

That, and the whole doing sudoku at 4 am thing. Apparently that's when my brain was done sleeping today.




I'm so very much out of stuff. Could you tell?

Let's end with a big smack upside the head reminder to the t.v. club that we're still getting new episodes for the time being. Enjoy them while you can. Unless pretty miraculous things happen with the talks next week, the writers' strike seems likely to last a while.

Too bad we can't just send both sides wine gums. Wine gums fix everything, right?

1 comment:

smudgers said...

What a beautiful photo today! No, really, really lovely!


Erm, just trying to fix it so you don't smack me upside the head too.


K, backing away now ... don't make eye contact ..... caaaareful.....


*turns up the heat a little in the office*
*takes away pointy objects to protect Wheat's shins*

Related Posts with Thumbnails