Friday 30 November 2007

Lunch v.1.2

No, I didn't have a rose hip for lunch (they're high in Vitamin C, though, if you've ever felt like trying one. Just make sure you remove the seeds). I didn't think the world needed a photo of two mandarin oranges and a bag of chips.

Two mandarin oranges and a bag of chips.

Sad, really.

I'd brought three oranges, but I gave Wheat one.

That's why I bought the bag of chips.

Sad, really.

Oh right. I already said that.





I've basically got nothing, if you hadn't figured that out yet. The weather's got me down (if you hadn't figured out THAT yet) and as usual the improvement forecasted keeps moving farther and father down the week.

Everyone in Alberta knows that when the cold air hits it doesn't move for at least two weeks.

Everyone, that is, except the weather forecasters. They constantly insist on giving us the THINGS WILL GET BETTER IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!!! song and then wonder why we all get cranky as a couple of days turns into a couple of days later than the couple of days they thought it was going to be...

I normally come in to work at about 8 am (sounds ridiculous, I know, but I often get a lot done in that hour before everyone else gets here). Today at 8 am I decided to have a bath instead of going in to work because I wanted the temperature outside to at least break -20C before I went outside.

It took a while.

Luckily, everyone at work knows not to expect me when it's that cold.

Stupid winter.

And for anyone expecting Christmas gifts from me I can tell you that I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING YET.




Erm... actually, that doesn't really have anything to do with the weather. I just haven't been able to convince myself to go shopping. Kind of sucks when you consider that there are a few things that should have been in the mail at least a week ago, however. Looks like we'll be celebrating Ukrainian Christmas again this year, folks.

Oh, and for anyone new to the program who might have read that last statement as a bit of an ethnic slur... it wasn't. My grandfather was Ukrainian. Should give me the right to send my Christmas presents in time for the Orthodox celebration, shouldn't it?

Anyway. I don't know how this turned so very angrily snitty when it started out as being only mildly-depressedly snitty.

I suppose that's what happens when lunch is still consisting mainly of oranges. I'd never thought of them as an angry fruit before, but... well, come to think of it I might be angry too if no one had ever bothered to give me a proper name. I mean, we don't go around calling bananas yellows or grapes purples or lettuce greens, do we?

Oh wait. That last one didn't work.





This is getting a little weird even for me. Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails