Monday 19 November 2007

What I've learned today

Apparently (and I say apparently because I'm still not entirely convinced) it is absolutely unallowable (and possibly a crime) to not like chicken noodle soup.

I did not know this.

It might be a problem, though, because I don't like chicken noodle soup.

My office mate, the much-mentioned Wheat (have I stabbed you in the shins lately?), seems to believe that this is an abnormality. Apparently EVERYBODY likes chicken noodle soup, and the fact that I don't is on the order of food blasphemy.

Or something.

To be honest, I stopped paying attention for a little while there. Fun With Not Sleeping strikes again.

I'm not a big soup eater at the best of times, and I almost never eat chicken noodle soup. Chicken noodle soup just happens to contain two things that I rarely prefer in a soupish meal: noodles and chicken.

I've never liked noodles in soup. The texture is so, so very wrong. Pasta is supposed to be firm in my world, and that just can't happen when the pasta is surrounded by liquid. And as far as chicken goes... well, ok, so I don't know exactly why I don't like chicken in soup. I like chicken by itself just fine, but put essence of chicken in a brothy form and I'm completely not interested.

Shut up. It isn't that weird.

And anyway, you're lucky I'm even typing in English considering how much sleep I've had. My natural inclination is to type in faceplant instead and let you guys figure it out.

I'd have to take my glasses off, though, and that sounds like too much effort.

Actually, typing at all sounds like too much effort when it comes down to it. Doesn't that make a natural ending to a post about nothing?







I have to perform some kind of chicken noodle penance or something now, I guess. Catch you later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more time... now I'm craving chicken noodle soup! So of course, I'll have some Arrowroot crackers. Which really are more like cookies than crackers. As Ben Affleck said in Armageddon, and I paraphrase, "Putting cheese on something is the defining characteristic of what makes a cracker a cracker" and really, would you put cheese on an Arrowroot? Well maybe you would, but I stand by my cookie vs cracker stand. In some language or other, that last sentence made sense, too, I'm sure...

Anonymous said...

I put cheese on graham crackers, it's yummy. So I think that I would also put cheese on Arrowroot crackers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails