Tuesday 8 July 2008

Arbourist

So, my father and I were out in the yard when he says something like, "oh. So it's the elm tree this time." I, of course, wondered what the elm tree was up to until I looked up and realised that he was referring to what was happening to the elm tree rather than what the tree itself was doing. The tree was, in fact, being trimmed. By mouth.

Yep, the local mule deer population isn't getting any shyer. This particular one (I was a little slow in getting the camera out, so didn't catch it in the act) decided to have a salad while we were standing in the yard. A bit of elm, moving on the wild roses and whatever else in the neighbour's yard... It probably went very well with the nasturtiums, sunflowers, and strawberry leaves it had from my father's garden earlier.

There's nothing like a well-balanced meal, you know.

I should mention that at this point in the blather I haven't yet been able to upload the pointless photo that I've been referring to since the photo thingy seems to hate me today. I'm going to assume that I'll be able to upload it by the time I'm done blathering. You can assume that I was able to if you see a photo beside this post.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

In the meantime, let's all watch this. All of us, yes. Well, maybe the Toronto office is exempt since I sent her the link a while ago, but I really think that the rest of us should watch. Go ahead. You can come back here when you're finished.

I love that video. I've seen it I don't know how many times, and it still makes me laugh. And in case anyone wonders, I am a Joe Cocker fan. I figure that a person can be a fan and still get a laugh.

In fact, most of the people that I'm a fan of make me laugh in some way or other.

Laughing is important.

Especially when one needs a little cheering up because one had a pretty useless sleep and now has a nagging headache and is more than a little on the grumpy side.

Ah yes. THAT'S why we all had to watch Joe Cocker. To humour Yours Crankily.

The photo thingy isn't humouring me, that's for sure. So you'll have to do it.





Anyway. My sense of humour is a pretty big part of who I am. Sometimes people don't get it, sometimes it rubs people the wrong way, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to find people who are not only happy to go along for the ride but are also pretty good at pointing out the detours on the way.

In case you've wondered, my two fans get a slightly edited version of my sense of humour here on the blog (when I can be bothered to post anything that might even give you the sense that I have a sense of humour, that is. I know I've been horribly dry lately). I'm fully aware of the difference between humour in person and humour in print, and since my humour in general probably doesn't translate all that well I try to keep the reins on a little bit.

No point in pissing off people I don't even know just because I found something funny, as far as I can see.

Maybe I'm wrong there, though. Maybe I'm just using that as an excuse to keep the cyberworld at arm's length the same way my in-person shyness tends to keep the real world at arm's length.

If that's the case, I have to admit that it really doesn't bother me. Most things in life appear more tolerable at arm's length. Any closer and you just go cross-eyed anyway.





Dad says that the deer had pea leaves for breakfast.

You know the deer I'm talking about. The one in the picture that the photo thingy isn't letting me post.

At this point me 'n the headache are tired of trying to manufacture blather while waiting for the photo thingy to have its morning coffee already, so I'm just going to stop here. I'll try once more for the photo before I go for lunch, but that's only because I'm really starting to enjoy beating my head on the desk.

Who knows? It may even sort out the whole brain problem eventually.

Or not.

Going now.

----------

HA!

Hmmm.




Yep, wasn't even really worth the wait.

Ah well.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

*blink* You have a sense of humour? *blink*


And thank, you know whatever, the damn photo loaded. And it was so worth it..... er, read that as a 4-year-old saying "it was so" ... as opposed to an annoying mid-teen saying "like, it was sooooo" worth it.

Yeh. I do have to be somewhere else right now. Buh-bye.

Related Posts with Thumbnails