Thursday 10 July 2008

I... um...

Well, I haven't really bothered to think of anything.

There's news, eh?

I did post something on the work blog, but that only helps you if you know where the work blog is.

Some of you know where the work blog is.

For the rest... well, I haven't really bothered to think of anything.

Yeah.

Today's pointless photo, by the way, is of rose leaves. Or a spider. Whichever floats your boat, I guess. The rose is the one I talked about here. The spider is a long-jawed orb weaver. Male. You can tell that from the clubbed ends of his pedipalps. The pedipalps are next to the chelicerae, or jaws. The jaws are long. Thus the name of the spider...

Yeah.

Oh, sorry, I said that already.

What else can I say?

Well, it's a fairly dreary day, but for the first time in a while I can't claim that I didn't sleep well. I slept incredibly well, in fact. Several times, beginning at about seven o'clock last night.

That was sort of weird, actually. I'm frustratingly unable to nap, usually, so having a nap (and, more importantly, waking up after a nap) is incredibly disorienting. And that was last night. Disorienting, I mean. I fell asleep, woke up, had a shower, and went to bed. Woke up, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

Hmmm. Think maybe I was tired?

In other news, I think I'd like to cook on an Aga. No reason.

Well, ok, reason. I've been mildly fascinated by Agas ever since the Two Fat Ladies showed up on The Food Network (I couldn't figure out what that beast of an appliance was that they were using in one episode and ended up having to ask a British friend about it), and since the subject came up recently in a spate of blog comments (not this blog, obviously. And what made the whole thing funny is that Agas really had very little to do with the subject at hand and... oh, I think you had to be there) it's piqued my interest again. What can I say? The things look marvellously impractical for the North American kitchen, I hear they're fairly temperamental and massively expensive...

And I'd like to try one.

Maybe I should tell my landlord I want one.





Right. In my one-room apartment where they can't even be bothered to fix my broken bathroom light switch.

Ahhh well.

This blather sort of lost whatever sense it had somewhere along the road, didn't it? That's what happens when we take the Stream of Consciousness Bypass, I suppose. It's time, however, to get back to the real world now. If you want something readable, go to the work blog.

You know. If you happen to know where to find it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails