Monday 28 July 2008

Pointless thought of the day:

Why is it that men seem to need so many nicknames for their underwear? I mean good grief. Gitch, ginch, gonch, gotch... and please don't get me started on the other, far too numerous variants.

Hmmm.

A quick search (in case you've ever wondered, it's not unusual for me to be doing random googling while I'm typing the blather. It's probably why the blather so often peters out unexpectedly. Short attention span, remember? Sometimes I get far more interested in what I was googling than in what I was saying) indicates that this may be a Canadian men thing. Most of the references I've found so far indicate a ginch-Canada connection.

Odd, that. Must have something to do with the long winters. Men get so bored they start naming their pants?




Um, sorry. Just lost my train of thought. And no, it wasn't because of the search engine this time. Max wants ooooout, and Max has a tendency to let a person know that by suddenly showing up on a person's lap while a person is trying to type. Unfortunately for Max, there's no outside without being on a leash. He's just going to have to wait for that.

Ok, let me scroll back and see if I can pick this up again...

Was I honestly talking about underwear nicknames?

Lord love a duck, as my mother would say.

Ah well. I need to go change laundry loads, so wherever I was planning to go with the underoos is just going to have to remain a mystery. To all of us, apparently.

In lieu of sense, then, here's a list of Canadian slang for you to scratch your head at. Do we really talk like that?

Beauty, eh?

1 comment:

smudgers said...

I honestly found the slang link interesting and I'm from there ... er, here. Or maybe neither here nor there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails