Wednesday 23 July 2008

Disrupting my existence

Ok, first... I still have a headache. I'm not surprised that I have a headache (my neck's clicking enough that I was expecting the continuation of the headache), but I'm not especially happy about it either.

Second... today's pointless photo is of a muskrat's backside. Yeah, the uncooperative little bugger is in there somewhere if you really look for him.

Third... the post title. My existence has been disrupted yet again, you know. OLFs -- as a rule -- don't deal well with disruption. My two fans might have noticed by now that I tend to be a little routine-bound. There's a reason for it. It's comfortable. I like that.

Right now, though, I'm a bit disoriented. My desk looks wrong, and it's going to take some getting used to.

It's the monitor, you see. I don't know what to make of it.

Um, let me rephrase that. It's not that I actually want to make something of my monitor. Really, I don't. Especially since it just got here, and I'm not that handy at construction projects anyway.

Shall I be a little clearer?

My boss asked me if I wanted to swap the old CRT that took up most of one side of my desk (yes, I still had a CRT monitor. I know that some of you are surprised to hear that they still exist...) for a newer flat-panel. It's a bit bigger (not giganto-bigger, thank Whomever. I'm very uncomfortable with monitors that seem to want to take over your entire field of vision), and it gives me more useable desk space.

The problem?

It's a bit bigger and it gives me more useable desk space.

Things look reeeally different now from where I'm sitting. The monitor's farther away from my face so I feel like I should be leaning in to read it even though it's perfectly readable as it is. There's a big open NOTHING on the desk where the old monitor used to be.

And there's no place for my monitor lizard.

I'm beginning to think that the whole monitor lizard thing is the real problem here.

There's supposed to be a lizard draped on my monitor. It's the way things work. Now? Well...

Gimme one second and I'll take a picture. It'll save me some description.

Sorry it's dark. I put my finger over the flash.

Because I can, yes.

That's my monitor lizard, monitorless. Now it's been demoted to protecting my very small elephant.

And yes, I do need a very small elephant on my desk.

Hmmm. I just noticed that in the photo my oversized cup makes it look like I now officially have the world's tiniest monitor. I don't, really. I have a big mug, that's all.

And a disorienting desk.

Yep.

Ah well. I'll get used to it. Eventually.






Just in time for something else to change, most likely.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

That is one heck of a big mug. Wow.
Is the muskrat, that little brown bit in middle upper right quadrant? Wow, did I just say that? I am tired, it's been a boring day. Boring always makes me tired. A busy day is much less tiring.

Related Posts with Thumbnails