Wednesday 2 July 2008

Yeh it's the black dog again but there's ... oops


Nope, no reason here. Na-uh. No pumpkins on me.

Ah, they grow up so fast you know. It seems like only yesterday Smudgelette helped boost me out of the car having been under a 12-pound baby dog for three hours from kennel to our home. And if you don't know anything about puppies, that's a hell of a heavy 56-day-old pup.

Anyway. The Duchess will be two on Thursday and she thinks she no longer needs to be carded.

Hmm, well first things first I guess. The ONLY time on earth I even consider drinking beer is in the summer BUT the temperature and humidity must combine to form a haze over the city and form what feels like water droplets hanging in the air, as you inhale. And no, I don't know why it's then that I drink the stuff but thanks for asking. You did ask. I know you did.

So yesterday I took a bottle of wobbly pop out to the yard and placed it on the side table, turned to fluff the pillow on my chair and ka-plop. Now I don't know about you but I've found in life that ka-plop is never truly a good thing. Even when it's an outdoor ka-plop.

After the dog who had caused said ka-plop had hoovered what she could while I fetched the hose - and she is that good - everything was hosed down to keep the ants away. Then with the the bottle dried off, I moved to higher ground, set the bottle down and do you know what the black dog did? Well, do you?

A hundred bucks if you can call me right now and tell me the answer.




As I watched her, she walked toward me, looked me in the eyes, lowered her head and with her snout pushing from about a third of the way down the neck she pushed the thing over to get another guzzle.


I figure by the end of the summer I will have the only Lab in a 12-step programme.

The addendum here: no, it was not a contest to see how many ka-plops I could insert in context.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I knew that was coming but I don't have your telephone number. wow,
you should get her on our new show starting Thursday. Great American dogs. I plan to watch it. I really want to see that dog on a skim board in the ocean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails