Monday 14 July 2008

Ow.

Today's photo doesn't look like much because it was a too-backlit zoom that I was pretty sure wouldn't turn out. I was right. I decided I liked the shapes when I cropped it, though, so here it is anyway. The photo's title will tell you what I was actually taking a picture of.

If you especially wanted to know.

----------

So, like the tree in the pointless photo would have been saying ow if it had still been alive (and, you know, wasn't a tree), I'm ow-ing a fair bit myself today.

Not for the same reason, of course.

No, it's the stupid buggered-up knee again. I spent good portions of the last three afternoons ambling down the trails at work (note that I say ambling. I wasn't exactly breaking any speed records), and while two of those days went all right yesterday apparently didn't.

I honestly couldn't tell you why. I felt ok before and after the program, but by the time I'd driven the forty minutes to my father's house after work my knee didn't.

Work, that is.

Yeah, I'm happy. It's not swollen so I know I didn't wrench it or anything; it's just doing its best pain-relief commercial audition. So much fun. At the moment I'm downstairs doing the usual laundry-blogging day-off combo, and I'm not so much looking forward to the trek back up the stairs for lunch. I've been up and down a few times this morning already (four times, to be exact. I know for a fact that it's four times), and it HURTS.

Gah.

If I'd known this would happen, I would have never fallen off that bus in the first place.





Erm, that's how I screwed up the knee back in university. Falling off of a bus, yes.

I guess I should probably explain what I was doing falling off of a bus?

Well, I was on tour with the university choir I sang with. I'd turned my ankle at our previous stop (not at all unusual for me. I had a pretty bad sprain back in junior high and the ankle's never been right since. Appropriate, since it's my left ankle. It'd be strange if it was right), had put my brace on, had completely forgotten about the whole thing, and managed to have the ankle collapse as I was getting off the bus at our next venue. Fell onto my knees on a gravel parking lot.

Well, if you're going to do something like that you really should do it right.

Or left.

Or something.

Anyway, the end result was a wonky right knee to go with my wonky left ankle. On days when the ankle's bad I limp on the left, and on days when the knee's bad I limp on the right.

On days when they're both bad I just get reeeally cranky.



Ah well. Let's hope that whatever's making the joint unhappy today sorts itself out before I go back to work. After all, it's PANCAKE BREAKFAST on Friday (oh joy) so I really don't need anything else to be cranky about.

Yep, Little Mary Sunshine, that's me.





Oh, shut up.

And furthermore:

Ow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails