Friday 22 August 2008

I lied


Yep, a couple of days ago I was taking part in the great Canadian sport called Weather Smalltalk and mentioned there were no garden photos this year but lookie what I found.


This comes from down the street, not from my own garden and we therefore still adhere to the pointless-as-to-not-turn-into-a-pumpkin rule of the blog.

Thank goodness for that.

My friend has taken to gardening this year and when all of the lilies burst forth I was summoned. I rather like this colour, probably because the exact shade is hard to pinpoint. It's sort've "cooked lobster", I'd say.

Er, yes, anyway, some shots turned out and I'm thinking of framing a few. It won't be terribly fancy; you know, probably a dark frame to highlight the background, one of those frames that has the three or four or whatever pre-cut openings. She may end up hanging them in her laundry room for all I know but I think it's nifty that she'll have a reminder of her first efforts right there in black and white.

Oh hush. You know what I mean. Black and lobster just doesn't cut it.

And as a total aside - I love finding things on my various nerdsticks that I'd totally forgotten about. It's like Christmas. Sadly, though, it happens so often now that I'm convinced I'll be able to start hiding my own Easter eggs soon.
Oh and the even cooler part is that the photo isn't cropped. My eye actually took that particular shot at that particular time. Every now and then we all need a yay me moment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails