Tuesday 19 August 2008

Pointless scattered thoughts of the day:

Let's play Find the Fishes, boys and girls...

No reason.

Oh, and this. No reason for that, either. It's just been the mood lately.

You know, I honestly tried to think of a real blog post today. I did. Then I got distracted by yet another American reference to Canadian bacon. It's... something of an annoyance to me, that whole Canadian bacon thing. An unreasonable annoyance, considering that I do realise that Americans actually call the stuff Canadian bacon, but here's the deal.

WE DON'T.

It's back bacon, ferwhomeversake. Or peameal bacon if it happens to be rolled in peameal and hasn't been smoked.

I don't know why references to Canadian bacon annoy me. Maybe because they're so often an easy bit of off-hand non-humour. Like adding eh to a sentence for no particular reason. Those wacky Canadians and their bacon, eh?

Or maybe it's because the same people who call back bacon Canadian bacon call processed cheese American cheese. To borrow a phrase from a certain comedian, what's the deal with that? Why would a country that produces some half-way decent cheeses choose to name the fake stuff after itself? To this particular fromageophile it makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway. I wasn't intending to talk about cheese or bacon today, so see what you've made me do?

Erm... what exactly have you made me do, again? Oh yeah. You -- generic bacon-referencing you -- have made me forget what I really did want to talk about.

Anyway.

Oh, I said that already.

Well, all this baconitis has meant that you're not going to read whatever important words I thought I had to say today. Your loss, or not. Probably the latter, since I've got a slight bloodyneck headache to deal with that likely would have affected the outcome anyway.

Speaking of which, reasonably mobile today and completely unfloaty (read: no meds on me, ma). Yay me.

Going now.




Going ever so slightly loopy, apparently.





Blame the bacon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails