Sunday 24 August 2008

I'm back?

Am I? I mean, I'm not sure. The Toronto office was kind of on a roll there, and I'm half-expecting that by the time I'm done typing she will have posted again.

*waits*





*measures*

Ok, whatever. I don't really have a whole bunch to say, partly because the office smells like fixative. Sorry about that, Wheat. I'm sure it will have cleared before you come in tomorrow. Fixative is fun, though. I love the smell of brucine (brucine sulfate, that is) in the morning.

Well... it was morning when I sprayed it...

I think...

Oh, relax. I didn't drink the stuff. And I certainly didn't spray much of it. AND it wasn't in an aerosol spray.

Yeah, yeah. I should have done it outside. Bit breezy out there, though.

Anyway, if you didn't catch it from the above nonsense, I've actually been doing some doodling this morning. Check the other blog if you're desperate to see the results. I've been doing a little bit better with the making-myself-sketch thing this summer (anything's better than what was accomplished last year, which was nothing), and I think maybe I can blame Illustration Friday for that. It's amazing what having a suggested topic can do in the way of kicking a person in the butt. Not that my contributions have been earth-shattering, mind, since they're generally just fifteen minute doodles on my lunch hour, but at least I'm doing something.

I'm very weird about stuff like that, you know. Or maybe you don't know, since that last statement was incredibly clear. What I mean is that I have things that I genuinely like doing -- doodling, say, or knitting or playing the piano (badly) or whatever else -- and for some reason I'll just give them up for long periods of time. And it's not burn-out, really. It's not like I wake up one morning and think god. If I have to draw another leaf I will completely go insane. It's more like one day I'll forget to do it, and then the next day I'll forget to do it, and then before I know what's happened it's months gone and I'm doing the remember way back when I used to sketch? thing in my head.

Newsflash, world. I have a short attention span.

Oh well. I should get back to work. Today's pointless photo of cats (plural, yes) was completely random, so I hope no one's tried too hard to come up with a purpose for it.





Ah... fixative...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails