Thursday 7 August 2008

Pointless I'm kind of tired and whingey and this isn't going to be much of a post of the day:

Is it bad when you've pretty much put your entire post in the post title?

No reason for the tired and whingey, by the way. Just generally tired and whingey, that's all.

I tend to get that way in August. We've had three months of the summer interpretive season, and I still have a month before I'm done with full-time work. It's sort of a weird, blah limbo.

I also got my weird, blah hair cut yesterday.





How's that for a segue? That's segue, not segway. Segway would be something different and slightly nerdy.

Hmmm.

Maybe I did mean segway...

Um, anyway. Yeah, I gave the hair its yearly going away party yesterday. For those new to the program, I have a tendency to get my hair cut once a year and then just let it grow. It grows very quickly (and is very fine... sigh), so it's kind of a pain to try to maintain an actual style. Instead, I have a hairstyle for the month or so after I get it cut, and then after that I just pin it back and forget about it until it gets long enough to be annoying.

Usually about a year later.

The trigger this time around (besides having to continually unwind hair strands from the vacuum's power brush) was finding that I was getting my own hair tucked into my armpits whenever I was lifting or moving something.

Kind of aggravating, yes.

So, the hair went away. It's now a little longer than chin-length (or just above my collar, if you'd rather measure from that direction), it's in my face, and it's DRIVING ME BANANAS.

Erm, yeah.

I have this mind game I play with myself after a haircut, you see. I make myself wear my hair loose for at least a day before I go back to the hair clips and bands. When one actually has a hairstyle, one should show it off. No?

Well, in my case no should be the right answer. I hate having to constantly brush hair out of my face. I find it massively distracting, and I don't need extra distractions in my life.

I'd be willing to bet that the hair will be properly restrained again by tomorrow.

And with that, I and my annoying hair should get back to work. The hair has to earn its keep, after all.

Off I go, then.





No comments from the Peanut Gallery, Toronto office.

1 comment:

smudgers said...

mmphmumbledratrmmph!

Related Posts with Thumbnails